- 1 pound of fresh whole okra
- bowl of ice water
- ¼ teaspoon of olive oil for oiling pan
- ¼ of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Boil the okra in a shallow pan of water until soft (3-4 minutes).
- Drain the water from the okra.
- Submerge the boiled okra in the bowl of ice water. Allow okra to cool for 1 minute.
- Rub the olive oil onto a flat skillet and heat on high until very hot.
- Toss the okra into skillet and let sizzle; spritz with lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt; check for blackening on the face-down side after about 2 minutes.
- Once charred on one side, flip and blacken the other side.
- Spritz with lemon and salt again on the unseasoned side. Enjoy!