- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in carrots, stock, spices. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. (Carrots should be very tender).
- Using a blender, stick blender, or food processor, purée mixture (in batches, if necessary). Return mixture to the pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.