- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave
- 1 tablespoons dried basil leaves or 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced or 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (scallions)
- 8 cups sliced cucumbers
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar/agave, basil, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and onions and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes, before serving.