- 1/4 cup grapeseed, sesame, or avocado oil (or a high heat oil)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy, skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and garlic (if using), and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the diced potatoes, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast and about 1/2 teaspoon salt, along with the freshly ground black pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Uncover and increase the heat to medium-high. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, occasionally turning, until the potatoes are golden brown.