- 3 bunches baby* Hakurei turnips, baby turnips, (about 2 pounds), trimmed and sliced, greens reserved
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) vegan butter or refined coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt or Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place turnip bottoms in a large skillet or wok; add water to cover turnips halfway.
- Add butter, sugar, and a large pinch of salt; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is syrupy and turnips are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add turnip greens to skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Season with additional salt, if desired.
*Note: If using larger turnips, cut into ½ or ¼ sizes.