- 3 cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 green chili peppers (like serrano or jalapeno)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the mustard seeds, the curry powder and the green chilies.
- Sauté for a few seconds and add the green tomatoes
- Add the coriander and turmeric powders and mix. Add a few tablespoons of water. When the water boils, put a lid on the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat about five minutes or until the tomatoes are soft. Green tomatoes are firmer and won’t break down as much as ripe tomatoes would.
- Add the coconut milk to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the tomatoes cook another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve.