Prep Time: 5 minutes |Cook Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes 8 servings
- 2 quarts water
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you would like it to be)
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (optional)
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling turn off the heat.
- Add dried hibiscus flowers and cover.
- At this point, you can also add other herbs or add ins such as basil, lemon grass, lemon zest etc. Let the tea steep for 15-20 minutes. Mix in the agave or the sugar and stir until completely combined.
- Strain the tea.
You can either serve hibiscus tea warm or you can chill it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Its delicious either way.