Prep Time: 10 minutes |Total Time: 10 minutes 4-6 servings
● 4 cups very finely chopped or slivered curly kale or Russian kale (about 6 ounces on the stem, or half of a 3/4-pound bunch, stemmed and washed in two rinses of water)
● 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
● 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
● 1 apple, sweet, like a Fuji, or a sweet-tart, like a Gala, Braeburn, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, cored and cut in 1/4-inch dice
● 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or raisins
● 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
● Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Homemade Balsamic Dressing :
● 1½ tsp Minced Garlic
● ⅓ cup Balsamic vinegar
● ⅓ cup Olive Oil
● ½ tsp Basil
● ½ tsp Oregano
● ⅛ tsp Agave
● Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the Homemade Balsamic Dressing. Set aside to steep.
2. Add the kale, seeds and fruit (apples, dried fruit) salt and pepper and toss well.
3. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Note: Although kale is the featured green, arugula, mustard greens, Swiss chard and many other greens would be work well too