Prep Time: 5 minutes |Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (organic)
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Agave or sweetener of choice to taste (optional)
- Coarsely chop the leaves and place them in a small strainer placed over a teapot or glass bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and pour over the leaves. (The water should cover the leaves in the strainer)
- Cover the teapot or bowl and let the leaves steep for at least 5 minutes. I prefer 10 minutes.
- Gently bruise the mint leaves with the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler to release the oils, then remove the strainer pressing on the leaves to extract as much liquid as possible. You can also finely chop the leaves with a knife or scissors.
- Pour into tea cups or mugs and sweeten with your choice of sweeteners, if desired.
For iced tea: follow the directions above adding sweetener if using while the tea is still warm. After cooling to room temperature, put the tea in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over ice.