Prep Time: 10 minutes |Cook Time: 15 minutes |Total Time: 25 minutes | Makes about 8 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth (you can also use water instead)
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole grain quinoa
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup lightly steamed broccoli florets
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- First, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth (or water, if you prefer) until it fluffs up, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk together the fresh lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic cloves and salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking, allow to cool slightly, then, toss the quinoa with the vegetables and the lemon juice dressing mix, stirring to combine well. Add more salt and pepper to taste, and chill before serving if you have the time.