- 2 tablespoons grapeseed, sesame, or avocado oil (or a high heat oil)
- 1 medium apple, coarsely grated
- ½ head of green cabbage, thinly sliced (about 3 – 4 cups)
- 1 small yellow or white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (any vinegar will work)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and salt. Cook on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add cabbage, apples, nutmeg, vinegar, and sugar if using.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until cabbage is tender (about 15 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.