Prep Time: 5 minutes |Cook Time: 5 minutes |Total Time: 10 minutes |Makes about 8 servings
- 3 cup water
- 3 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ -1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- black pepper to taste
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the couscous to water,, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in small frying pan.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Once couscous is cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in spices and onions.