- 1 cup Baked, Peeled & Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Almond meal, see note
- 5-6 Medjool Dates, pitted (if dates are dry, soak them for 15 minutes in warm water and drain the water)
- 2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder (fair trade)
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ cup Unsweetened desiccated coconut or ¼ cup cocoa powder (for rolling), optional
- Add the mashed sweet potato, almond meal, dates, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls and then place in the refrigerator, for 10 mins, to firm up and make them easier to roll in the coconut or cocoa powder.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll in the coconut.
- You may need more almond meal depending on the moisture content of the sweet potato.
- Wet your hands before rolling to minimize the mixture from sticking to your hands.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp5OPPglC4I