Crust (makes 24 mini cheesecakes):
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- ½ cup frozen strawberry slices
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup frozen strawberries, thawed
Read more at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/vegan-strawberry-cheesecake-bites/15253/#JWRvPoS30gPTd4Kj.99
- Remove the pits from the medjool dates and soak them in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until the nuts are crumbled and the crust is sticking together by itself.
- Press about 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
Tip: To remove the cheesecakes easily from the tray, cut 4-inch strips of parchment paper and place those in the bottom of each cup. Press the crust mixture on top of these. Then when the cheesecakes are done setting in the freezer you can pull on the parchment tabs to lift the cheesecakes out.