- 2 cups diced white onion (1 medium onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery (1 large rib)
- 1 heaping cup peeled and chopped carrot
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 heaping cups peeled and cubed potato (about 1 large russet potato)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery to a soup pot with 1/4 cup vegetable broth and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until they start to soften and become fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the dried herbs and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the potato, cauliflower and broth and simmer lightly for 15 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Carefully scoop about half the soup into a blender and mix until smooth. Make sure you allow the steam to escape as you blend.
- Pour back in the pot with the remaining, unblended soup. You can also use an immersion blender directly in the pot until you reach your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Recipe Video Link: https://youtu.be/1sKMoZ0bpfY