- 1 bunch kale about 6 cups, loosely packed, cleaned and dried
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, avocado oil, sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast,
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder,
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika,
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder,
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
- Remove the leafy green part of the kale from the tough stalk, and tear the leaves into smaller pieces.
- Place kale leaves into a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and massage with your hands until every single piece of kale is coated so that the rest of the ingredients will stick to the leaves.
- If needed, add more oil 1 teaspoon at a time until the kale is thoroughly coated.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the oil-coated kale chips.
- Toss the mixture carefully with tongs to evenly distribute the dry ingredients on the kale chips.
- Bake for 20-40 minutes or until the kale is crispy and just begins to brown. Stir halfway through.
- Once brown and crispy, let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Remove cooled kale chips from the baking sheet and eat or put in a container with a loosely-fitting lid to store.
How to store kale chips:
- Wait until the kale chips cool completely.
- Store in a container with a loose-fitting lid or sealed brown paper bag.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbz4tKh6Is