What is kohlrabi and what do I do with it? This vegetable is often seen at farmers markets and in CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares/boxes. This is a delicious and refreshing salad that’s perfect for an easy and nutritious lunch, snack or dinner. Check out the video link below for the cooking demo of this recipe.
If you make this recipe, tag @holisticwellnessandhealth and use the hashtag #holisticwellnessandhealth on Facebook and Instagram.
- 3 cups kohlrabi (1 pound), shredded
- 1 apple, cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive, avocado or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt, optional
- In a medium bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and salt.
- To the same bowl, add the kohlrabi, apple, green onion, and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate 1 to 2 days.
The kohlrabi used in this video is from Moon Valley Farm.