- 12 small/medium beets, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1-2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 orange, juiced
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Optional: for easier clean-up, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat to protect it.
- Place the beets, oil, spices, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Pour onto the baking sheet and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The beets are done when they are caramelized and tender.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the vinegar and orange juice. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
These roasted beets are delicious right out of the oven … but also in a salad the next day.
Beets are one of the most nutritionally dense vegetables on the planet – packing in a TON of benefits for the number of calories they contain.
They’re a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), potassium, iron, manganese, and vitamin C.
Not only that but beets are loaded with inorganic nitrates, which can help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
They’re also linked with better athletic performance, especially in endurance sports like running and cycling.