What is kohlrabi and what do I do with it? This vegetable is often seen at farmers markets and in CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares/boxes. This is a delicious and refreshing salad that’s perfect for an easy and nutritious lunch, snack or dinner. Check out the video link below for the cooking demo of this recipe.
If you make this recipe, tag @holisticwellnessandhealth and use the hashtag #holisticwellnessandhealth on Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 cup sliced carrot, any color
- 1 cup sliced radish, any variety
- 2 cups sliced beets, any variety such as candy beetroot and golden beetroot
- 1 cup of other root vegetables like celeriac, fennel, kohlrabi,and parsnips
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoon fresh herbs such as thyme, basil, chives, cilantro, dill, or parsley (or 1 tablespoon of dried herbs)
- ¼ cup pistachios or pecans (optional)
The Ginger Orange Vinaigrette
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin or avocado oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon agave (optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the simple vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisking well.
- Wash all your vegetables thoroughly to remove any soil and sand. You can use a vegetable scrubber.
- Peel and thinly slice all the vegetables. You can use a food processor with the slicing disk.
- Finely chop any herbs you’re using.
- Transfer the sliced root vegetable mixture to a serving bowl.
- Add the dressing to the bowl.
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients together to make sure it’s well mixed and coated with the dressing, then enjoy immediately or allow the flavors to meld for 20-30 minutes first.