- 3 large firm apples, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
4-5 cups vegetable broth, preferably organic, divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Place in preheated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before transferring one quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender.
- Add one cup of vegetable broth to a container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer the puree to a large soup pot and repeat the process with remaining vegetables and vegetable broth.
- Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving. Enjoy!