For the roasted turnips and garlic:
- 2 to 3 cups turnips about 5 small turnips, diced
- 4 large cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
For the hummus:
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil more as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone sheet.
- Toss diced turnips and garlic in oil, salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer on the sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender and slightly golden brown.
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, combine roasted turnips and garlic with the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and cumin.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more olive oil or water as needed to promote blending. You may also add some more lemon juice if desired.
- Serve as a condiment, spread or dip.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.