- ¼ cup of grapeseed or avocado oil
- 2 bunches of cabbage leaves/greens
- 1 tablespoon
- 10-20 daylily flowers and flower buds
- 3 petite garlic bulbs or 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and garlic.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add daylilies and cook for an additional minute.
- Wash cabbage leaves well and pat dry. Remove the stems. Chop leaves into bite sized pieces.
- Add the cabbage leaves to the skillet.
- Add seasonings and spices to taste. Stir to combine.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the greens are tender.
Note: You can use any greens in place of the cabbage leaves.
Make sure you are using real daylilies. Tiger lilies look similar, but they are not edible and are poisonous to cats, dogs and humans. Tiger lilies are usually spotted and they have different leaves from daylilies.