If you have a vegetable spiralizer, you can make your own butternut squash “noodles” in just a few minutes. You can also use a vegetable shredder to shred the butternut squash. Either way, you’re going to love this fast and delicious dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes| Total Time: 10 minutes 4-6 servings
- ¼ cup grapeseed or avocado oil, divided
- 4 cups of peeled butternut squash, “noodles” or shredded butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from the pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to the pan, along with chopped sage and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles/shreds to pan and toss to coat in sage-cinnamon mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.