- 2 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 ¼ cups plant-based milk
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup packed finely chopped kale
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and seasonings.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the milk, olive oil, and ground flax. Let the flax sit with the wet ingredients for several minutes while you finely chop the kale and the pistachios.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until nearly combined.
- Stir in the kale and pistachios.
- Combine all ingredients just until a homogenous stiff batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into the greased twelve muffin cups and place the muffin tin into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through. Allow to cool before serving.
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbz4tKh6Is