Looking for a vegan-friendly and fun pizza recipe? Look no further than these delicious portobello pizzas! With a savory sauce and loads of toppings, these pizzas are sure to please everyone at your table.
This is a healthier take on pizza … made with portobello mushrooms as the “crust.”
Experiment with your favorite toppings!
TIP: Keep any leftover vegan “cheese” in a covered container in the fridge for other recipes. Delicious!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup veggies or other favorites pizza toppings (diced onions, peppers, olives, vegan cheeze, etc)
For the “cheeze” topping:*
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems, and brush both sides with a small amount of olive oil, placing them on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle the basil, oregano and thyme seasonings over the top, and bake for 5-8 minutes.
- While they are pre-cooking, prepare the cheeze topping: place the nuts, nutritional yeast, and salt in a food processor and pulse until it turns into a parmesan-like consistency.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top with pizza sauce, toppings, and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. Place back in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the toppings are tender.
*Note: You can use the Vegan Parmesan recipe located here: Vegan Parmesan – Holistic Wellness and Health (holistic-wellnessandhealth.com)