- 1 medium-sized butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (divided)
- Sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups baby spinach or arugula (chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and position a rack in the center of the oven.
- Toss butternut squash cubes in 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil and 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt and ½ tsp pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until just tender. You don’t want it to get mushy, just tender.
- While roasting, prepare your pecans by heating a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add pecans and toss or stir until toasty and fragrant, being careful not to burn. Remove from the skillet.
- To the same skillet add 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil (or vegan butter) and 2 Tbsp brown sugar and stir to combine. Then add pecans back in plus a pinch of salt and toss for a minute or two until fully coated and fragrant. Transfer to a plate to cool, spreading to make sure they don’t stick together.
- Chop or loosely tear your greens and add to a serving bowl along with the cranberries. Once butternut squash is done, toss it right into the bowl along with the pecans.
- Lastly, add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and toss. Add more salt or pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serve with vegan parmesan or vegan feta cheese.