2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups soy milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 ½ cups finely ground white or yellow cornmeal, or corn flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt 2-4 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar and soy milk together vigorously and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add the oil to the soy milk mixture and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing until they are totally incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish or muffin tin (fill muffin tin ⅔ full) and bake for 35 minutes, or until the top of the cornbread is firm and the edges are turning golden.
- Allow the bread to cool before cutting it into squares and serving or allow to cool before removing from muffin tins.