This vegetable is often seen at farmers markets and in CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares/boxes. Check out the video link below for the cooking demo of this recipe.
If you make this recipe, tag @holisticwellnessandhealth and use the hashtag #holisticwellnessandhealth on Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 acorn squah
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Cut the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Peel the skin if desired.
- Cut acorn squash into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl add corn starch, onion powder, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings.
- Mix the cubed acorn squash with the seasoned corn starch.
- Heat pan on medium high.
- Add oil.
- Add seasoned cubed squash.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Lower heat to medium low and continue stirring every few minutes.
- Cook for another 20-25 minutes or until fork soft.
The acorn squash used in this video are from Moon Valley Farm.
Video Link: Fried Acorn Squash with Savory Grits (vegan): Live at Five – YouTube