- 2 bunches of kale, washed, tough stems removed, tear into small pieces (2-3 inches)
- ½ cup water
- 1-3 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 3 cloves of garlic or ½ tablespoon of garlic powder
- ½ cup canned or fresh tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Optional Ingredients: Liquid smoke, nutritional yeast, bell peppers, onion
- Heat oil in sauté pan or wok over a medium heat. Add onions and peppers if using and cook until onions are translucent (5 minutes).
- Add the fresh garlic and cook until it turns golden.
- Add the tomatoes and add a dash of sea salt.
- If using garlic powder, add the powder directly to the tomatoes.
- Add all other seasonings and optional ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water to pan if needed. Add kale to pan and cook for 5 minutes until kale is slightly wilted. The kale should still be a rich dark green.
- Serve immediately.