- Two 1 quart size freezer bag
- One 1 gallon size freezer bag
- 4 cups of ice cubes (about 2 trays of ice)
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 cup of high fat coconut milk (other plant-based milks will also work)*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or other flavoring)
- Crumbled cookies
- Dried Fruit
- Chocolate sauce
- Cooked fruit like apples or peaches
- Place one of the sandwich bags in the glass. Open the bag and fold the top over the edge of the glass.
- Pour the milk into the bag. Add the sugar and vanilla.
- Remove as much of the air as possible and seal the bag.
- Place the bag of the ice-cream mixture inside the other sandwich bag. Remove as much of the air as possible and seal that bag. Shake the bag.
- Place the ice and rock salt inside the gallon bag.
- Place the double-bagged ice-cream mixture in the gallon size bag and seal it shut.
- Shake the bag for 8 – 10 minutes or until the ice-cream mixture has solidified.
- You can eat the ice-cream directly from the bag. It will be more like soft-serve ice-cream. Or you can place the ice-cream in the freezer for 30 minutes – 2 hours and allow it to firm up even more and scoop it into a bowl or cone.
Note: Add any toppings as desired.
You can also place the ice-cream in the freezer for 30 minutes to 2 hours and allow it to firm up even more. Then you can scoop it into a bowl or cone.
Ice cream is ready to eat immediately or it can be placed in the freezer for up to 6 months.